Horticulturist: As a Horticulturist, you will have the opportunity to enhance your professional Horticulture skills to maintain beautiful courtyards, roof decks, window boxes and small urban gardens. You will also be able to refine planting skills, develop a design eye through container garden planting and learn sustainable horticulture practices.
- Perform seasonal fine gardening chores including specialty pruning, planting, dividing and transplanting, leaf removal, perennial and shrubs care, weeding and removal of any and all debris from gardens.
- Mulching, fertilization, composting, cleaning of hardscape
- Planting container gardens and creating high style and show stopping seasonal displays
- Watering window boxes and container gardens
- Assisting in the planting of annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees in customer gardens
- Communicating with Senior Horticulturist and clients about gardening needs
- Work independently and with other team members planting and maintaining gardens, containers and window boxes
- Keep timely and accurate client records and time sheets
- Knowledge of hand pruning of shrubs and small trees with perennial maintenance skills
- Attention to detail
- 1 year experience performing residential garden and landscape work
- General plant identification skills and knowledge of perennial, shrub and tree characteristics.
- Knowledge and experience in planting small trees, shrubs and perennials
- Container planting knowledge and skill
- Valid MA driver’s license with an excellent driving record.
- Willingness and ability to work outside in all weather, ability to work on ladders to approximately 8 feet in height, stamina and ability to work in a physical yet rewarding job
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs of material, through small garden alleyways and uptstairs to roofdecks
- Extraordinary Time management skills, self-direction, flexibility, and ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits and Hours:
- Monday – Friday 8-4:30
- Paid Holidays, accrued vacation after first year
- Use of company vehicle
- Continuing education in Horticultural field through in house and off site trainings
- Simple IRA after first year
$15-19/hour commensurate with experience