Installation Crew Leader
Installation Crew Leader: As Installation Crew Leader, you will have the opportunity to enhance your organizational and professional Horticulture skills managing the installation of plant materials and hard goods in our high profile gardens. Working with the General Manager, you will oversee the installation team, organize day to day materials, purchase plants and materials for on going projects, and ensure that installation jobs are done on time to the highest possible standards. In this position you will also be gaining knowledge regarding project management, leadership skills, plant knowledge and plant identification.
- Work outside in all weather doing physically demanding Horticultural jobs.
- Prioritizing tasks assigned to you, and improving construction site workflow
- Assist in planning all activities for installation and planting projects to ensure that projects are completed in a timely fashion to the highest possible standards
- Work closely with General Manager, Senior Horticulturists and Irrigation Manager to organize work flow for maximum efficiency
- Purchasing of plant materials, hard goods and operational supplies that would be needed for Installation and Maintenance jobs
- Performing Horticultural tasks in gardens as needed
- Managing the day to day operations of crew including material moving and handling
- Keep timely and accurate client records and time sheets
- Landscape installation crew experience with supervisory role, 3 years
- Strong horticultural knowledge and background in green industry.
- Landscape design skills or appreciation a plus.
- Exceptional organization skills, the ability to prioritize and multi task as well as a willingness to develop processes and protocols to enhance business efficiency.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, colleagues and clients
- Capacity to work independently & demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail
- Must be highly organized.
- Knowledge of hand pruning of shrubs and small trees with perennial maintenance skills
- General plant identification skills and knowledge of perennial, shrub and tree characteristics.
- Knowledge and experience in planting small trees, shrubs and perennials
- Valid MA driver’s license with an excellent driving record.
- Willingness and ability to work outside in all weather, ability to work on ladders to approximately 8 feet in height, stamina and ability to work in a physical yet rewarding job
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs of material, through small garden alleyways and uptstairs to roofdecks
- MCH, MCLP, MCA preferred
Benefits and Hours:
- Monday – Friday 8-4:30
- Paid Holidays, accrued vacation after first year
- Use of company vehicle
- Continuing education in Horticultural field through in house and off site trainings
- Simple IRA after first year
$22-24/hour commensurate with experience
$24-26/MCH, MCLP, MCA