Installation Crew Member
Installation Crew team member: As a team member on our Installation Crew, you will have the opportunity to enhance your professional Horticulture skills during the installation of plant materials and hard goods in our high profile gardens. Working on the installation team will enable you to gain knowledge regarding proper Horticultural techniques, irrigation system installation and repair as well as with the treatment of insect and diseases that affect plant materials.
- Work outside in all weather doing physically demanding Horticultural jobs.
- Prioritizing tasks assigned to you and working with a team to implement designs
- Performing Horticultural tasks in gardens as needed
- Keep timely and accurate client records and time sheets
- Assisting in materials handling
- Working with Horticultural staff to enhance gardens
- Strong horticultural knowledge and background in green industry.
- Exceptional organization skills, the ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, colleagues and clients
- Capacity to work independently & demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of hand pruning of shrubs and small trees with perennial maintenance skills
- General plant identification skills and knowledge of perennial, shrub and tree characteristics.
- Knowledge and experience in planting small trees, shrubs and perennials
- Valid MA driver’s license with an excellent driving record.
- Willingness and ability to work outside in all weather, ability to work on ladders to approximately 8 feet in height, stamina and ability to work in a physical yet rewarding job
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs of material, through small garden alleyways and uptstairs to roofdecks
Benefits and Hours:
- Monday – Friday 8-4:30
- Paid Holidays, accrued vacation after first year
- Use of company vehicle
- Continuing education in Horticultural field through in house and off site trainings
- Simple IRA after first year
$17-20/hour commensurate with experience