Senior Horticulturist: As Senior Horticulturist, you will have the opportunity to use your professional Horticulture skills to maintain some of our most high-profile urban gardens and roof decks. You will also be able to hone your supervisory skills through scheduling Horticultural staff, organizing day to day operations and supplies for Horticultural team members and on-site training and supervision.
- Perform seasonal fine gardening chores including specialty pruning, planting, dividing and transplanting, leaf removal, perennial and shrubs care, weeding and removal of any and all debris from gardens.
- Planting container gardens and creating high style and show stopping seasonal displays
- Assisting in the planting of annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees in customer gardens
- Assist with training and support of Horticultural Crew
- Supervision and personnel scheduling for Horticultural Crew
- Reporting and consolidating employee hours
- Make sure that safety standards and procedures are followed
- Highly skilled in hand pruning of shrubs and small trees with perennial maintenance skills
- Attention to detail
- 5+ years experience performing residential garden and landscape work
- Strong sense of design, landscape aesthetics and ability to properly place and site plants in garden beds
- Professional certification (MCH or MCLP) or the ability to procure certification within first year of employment
- Strong plant identification skills and knowledge of perennial, shrub and tree characteristics.
- Container planting knowledge and skill
- Valid MA driver’s license with an excellent driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs of material, through small garden alleyways and uptstairs to roofdecks
- Extraordinary Time management skills, self-direction, flexibility, and ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills.
Benefits and Hours:
- Monday – Friday 7:30-4:00
- Paid Holidays, accrued vacation after first year
- Insurance reimbursement
- Use of company vehicle
- Continuing education in Horticultural field through in house and off site trainings
- Simple IRA after first year
$18-$21/hour commensurate with experience